Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sponsor A Mattress Project


Last week when I asked my students how many of them slept on mattresses only 1 or 2 put up their hands. For the rest, it was only a thin worn out straw mat between them and the cold hard floor. I can't imagine how uncomfortable this must be especially for the pregnant women. To make matters worse they are sandwiched together in tiny rooms.


A friend of mine who owns a mattress factory has agreed to give us a 50% discount on her foldable mattresses at RM50 each based on a minimum purchase of 100 pieces. I'm hoping and praying that there are enough generous folks out there to make this a reality and perhaps even surpass the 100 mark and provide for even more refugees. What say you guys and gals? Wanna help make the world a more comfortable place for our friends in need?


If you'd like to sponsor a mattress (or two) please drop me a note at my.beautiful.myanmar@gmail.com. Thanks so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment