Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Da Vinci Experience




40 refugee students and teachers were recently invited by the organizers of the Da Vinci - The Genius exhibition to witness firsthand the amazing works of Leonardo Da Vinci.
It was the first time the students and teachers had ever been to a Science Center (where the exhibition is being held). Just at the entrance alone they were in awe of the huge aquarium tunnel and even asked if the fish were real!

They spent about an hour exploring the main part of the Science Center and had alot of fun with the interactive exhibits.

The kids had been learning about Da Vinci in school so when it was time for the tour they were so fascinated and asked many questions. The exhibition guides were very informative and explained through the teachers about his works. They spent about 2 hours at the exhibition.
"I really enjoyed it. I thought Da Vinci was only an artist but he was a great genius. If people in the past like him could create such amazing things then why can’t we as well? It really inspired me.” - Raymond, 15 yrs old

"Wow! That day was so amazing. I couldn't express how I felt. I have never been to that kind of science centre and that was my first time and a big opportunity for me. I have learnt alot from it. Thanks so much for giving us such a wonderful opportunity," - Thomas, 18 yrs old

"Such an awesome day! It opened my eyes and touched my mind. He is really an admirable person. He was not just human but a genius who was sent by God. I'd say to him "great job" for what he did." - Dominic, 15 yrs old

Thanks to Total Sports Asia for hosting the kids. They will always remember their encounter with Da Vinci - The Genius! The exhibition runs till Jan 17th 2010 at the National Science Center. For more info visit http://www.davincithegenius.com.my/













No comments:

Post a Comment